Wednesday 2 March 2011

Production Log

One of the major decisions which I have been accounted for is coming up with the idea for the film; I had a rough idea in my head of what the film should be about which has developed in many different ways since I have imagined it. The rough idea that I had in my head had developed with the help of my colleagues in my group they have helped me in this project in many ways they suggested many different ways in which the film could be made and this has helped us to get the best possible idea.

I have decided the locations our filming took place this is because before we decided what locations we would use I have gone out and discovered different places which could be useful and relevant to our film. This was really helpful as I have got a better idea of how the filming should be done. The locations also helped us get more into the film and the roles that we would be doing in the later stages of the filming. Choosing the right location was very important this is because the film was depended on where it would be filmed and what facilities were able to be used at the chosen location.

I have designed the costume for the main character and therefore I have chosen a simple design this is because our time schedule would not let the group to start making long complicated costumes; this is because the majority of our filming has been done in lesson time this meant that we did not have allot of time preparing for filming. The time that we had was to get to the locations and then record because we had to be back in time for other lessons.

I have had the possibility to use my own equipment for filming out project; this has helped us as a group significantly this is because the equipment that was available in school was only able to be rented out for a certain amount of time and then it had to be returned. This meant that the work had to be saved on the computer not to get lost and it meant less time for recording; however I had the access to some good equipment at home which has allowed us to produce out opening sequence.  Having our own equipment meant that we had more time to do planning, filming, editing etc. it has also meant that I was able to take the equipment home and spend more time on the work.

Having previous experience in other video editing software meant that I gad more of an advantage to improve our film and make it in the best standards as possible. It has also saved us time on learning how to operate new video editing software which would take long time to learn how to operate fully; however i was lucky to already know how to edit videos and make good effects using a program which I was familiar before. This program is also more specialized for professional movies which gave us the advantage in making a higher quality film.

By Maciek Dekert

No comments:

Post a Comment